Here are some current job and internship opportunities for which you are all qualified and which may be of interest to you. The details can all be found on Handshake.
FULL TIME CONTENT WRITER (REMOTE)
The Internal Communications Content Writer is responsible for developing and publishing content that inspires, engages and celebrates team members and the work they do every day. This individual is a passionate storyteller with an innate ability to retell stories through a variety of internal communications channels (i.e. executive messaging, intranet, newsletter copy, etc.).
The ideal candidate is driven by curiosity and strives to build an emotional and natural connection with team members through content creation and storytelling. The Content Writer connects team members to our mission, vision and strategic goals, builds pride and helps to drive ECU Health's culture in partnership with the Marketing & Communications team.
- Writes, proofreads, edits and publishes compelling content on internal communications-owned channels i.e., intranet, digital signage, email, etc.
- Researches, interviews and vets team member and/or patient-centered stories that can be retold through a variety of communications channels.
- Collaborates with the Marketing and Communications team on cross-promotion and sharing of mission-focused stories and initiatives.
- Develops relationships with key stakeholders to help identify story opportunities and sources.
- Writes and proofreads executive messaging with the intent to inspire, celebrate, inform and engage team members.
- Collaborates with and advises leaders and team members across the health system to ensure a strategic approach to content delivery.
- Champions and articulates the organization's mission and vision in all verbal and written communications.
- Able to simplify complex information to ensure the content is understandable, relatable and effective.
- Adheres to ECU Health brand guidelines in all copy and content development.
- Partners with external agencies, as appropriate.
- Supports the organization's crisis communication planning and response, as needed.
Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Public Relations or similar discipline. Minimum of 2 years' experience in a communications, copywriting and/or journalism role. Minimum of 1 year experience with copywriting and editing content, using AP Style. Minimum of 1 year experience using Microsoft Office, specifically in Word and PowerPoint.
EDITORIAL INTERNSHIP (REMOTE)
Join Science as an Editorial Intern and learn the ins and outs of the Insights section’s editorial process. Reporting to the books and culture editor, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the annual Fall Review Roundup, which in 2023—with your help—will feature a range of science media recommendations for our readers: from books, to podcasts, to films, to plays, to games.
This is a paid, full-time summer internship and will last 12 weeks.
Are you ready to be a Force for Science?
What You’ll Do
- Help the editor identify media to review, research potential reviewers, provide feedback on reviews, and work with the design team to commission original art and identify supporting imagery for page layouts
- Additional duties as assigned
- Interns must be currently enrolled in a university or college program related to science, science journalism, history or philosophy of science
- Experience in writing about science for a non-technical audience
- Submit a cover letter, resume, and at least 2 science writing samples by April 17, 2023. Please do not send examples of technical writing (ex. scientific papers). Submit writing samples as PDFs or Word files, not as URLs. Please submit your entire application as a single pdf document, if possible.
- If you are unable to upload a cover letter with your application, or if your documents are too large or you have multiple files, e-mail them directly to email@example.com with the subject line, “Editorial Internship – Application Materials: [Applicant Name]”.
- A Recruiter will contact you with next steps if you are selected for an interview.
This internship is open to remote workers in select states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where AAAS has a business presence, you may not be eligible for this position. Please contact our Talent Team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding your eligibility. The start and end dates for this 12-week internship are flexible.
The anticipated initial rate of compensation for this position is $17.50 per hour. AAAS interns are eligible for SmarTrip transit benefits.
Any actual offer of employment, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be made in the sole discretion of AAAS and will be based on a variety of factors, including years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant factors. AAAS reserves the right to amend or modify its employment benefits and compensation structure at any time. AAAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category. AAAS uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
TECHNICAL WRITING INTERN (REMOTE)
As an intern at ResMed, you’ll gain hands-on experience, learn from experts, and collaborate with teams that do truly amazing things.
Over the course of our 12-week internship experience you will have the opportunity to:
· Work directly with a mentor in your field of study while finding solutions to real world problems
· Experience our products up close by working with one of our SaaS Professional Services team
- Interact directly with our company leaders
- Build a lasting professional network through social events and engaging activities
- Gain the skills and knowledge to become a future leader in the medical technology industry
Let's Talk About Responsibilities:
As a Technical Writer Intern, you will work directly with talented Technical Writers and Instructional Designers of all levels. With guidance from an Education Services leader, you will work on a project to uplift the current documentation to be less transactional and shift the focus to process/role based.
The right candidate for our internship will be expected to know commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures for writing, editing, and updating online help files, user manuals, installation and release documentation, system requirements, training materials and other required product documentation.
This is preferred to be a remote. Candidates may be asked to be available to participate in on-site team meetings.
Employers will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
LINK TO HANDSHAKE (SB’S ACCOUNT)